Fiber Optic Training
BDI Datalynk opened in 1999 to provide basic and advanced fiber optics technician training throughout the United States. Hands-on training in five FOA-approved certification courses from experienced instructors.
Read more about our course offerings or have a look at a specific course:
- Certified Fiber Optics Technician Course (CFOT) Basic Course
- Certified Fiber Optics Specialist in Testing (CFOS/T) Specialist Course
- Fiber Optics Splicing Specialist Certification (CFOS/S) Specialist Course
- Certified Fiber Optic Specialist/Outside Plant (CFOS/O) Course
- Certified Fiber Optic Specialist/FTTH (CFOS/H) Course
Tools and Test Equipment
We also supply industry leading fiber optics tools and technology.
Useful information and Whitepapers
BDI DataLynk publishes new articles and professional whitepapers to assist our students and industry professionals to stay on top of the field.
- Fiber to the Desk is always More Expensive than UTP.
- Fiber is Extremely Hard to Work With.
- Fiber is More Fragile than UTP Copper.
- Fiber is More Expensive than UTP Copper
- One needs Expensive Test Equipment to test fiber cabling.
- Installing Fiber Cabling is Labor Intensive.
- Fiber cabling needs to be installed in Expensive Plenum Innerduct.
- It takes Longer to Install a fiber plant compared to installing a UTP Cable Plant.
Over the years I have found that being miss-informed usually will cost the individual lots of money. I did a Fiber To The Desk talk several years ago for a major University near Houston, TX. They had just completed three new buildings and had installed Category 6 UTP Cabling to the desk. The IT Director was saddened to find that he could have saved over $30, 000 had he installed FTTD in one of his three new buildings. The Network Design Firm failed to offer him a FTTD solution because they had ASSUMED the fiber solution was more expensive. That same “design” firm did not even know that 50/125 micron fiber was a part of the new 568B.3 Standard